MMS Fallout Shelter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DUCK AND COVER!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nexon never fails to amuse me.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
M. Mixer
Admin
M. Mixer

Mesos : 2147483647
Fame : 0

Nexon never fails to amuse me. Empty
PostSubject: Nexon never fails to amuse me.   Nexon never fails to amuse me. EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:10 am

Nexon wrote:
Dear Maplers,
Sup?

As we've recently seen more problems with illegally operated, private servers, we wanted to provide information to our players regarding the dangers of these operations(actually we just didn't notice these problems until now). Private servers are run by individuals who already understand that they are performing an illegal activity(...and?). Thus, the goal of private server operators is to make money using the least amount of resources possible(Nexon projecting themselves onto others). That means they often(lies) engage in identity theft(ha), fraud(herr), and other means to steal funds both from the official operator, and any users(NO U) of private servers.

These illegal servers do not have legal or any other binding obligations to keep your information secure(because we all use our real personal info to register right?). This means your information has a high(durp) risk of being shared, leaked or stolen from unofficial, unsecure servers. Not just the information you write when you register for these servers, they also track IP addresses(that doesn't mean shit, you can't really do that much with collected IPs, also you could just proxy anyway), and are able to obtain other information(vague, they're trying to make it look like server owners can find out your phone number ans where you live) just by you logging into a private server. And when you do play, you are using an unsecured(GameGuard/HackShield sucks anyway), modified client which may cause you to download keyloggers, viruses, and other harmful components to your computer(not if the server is popular, if people were getting viruses from a certain server the word would spread and the server would be labeled malicious). And of course, you can lose everything you worked for if the server runs into a problem or shuts down without notice(...no comment >.>). And not to mention you miss out on the in-game events in the official MapleStory(pservers will just copy them eventually). Fishing and Spirit Week events anyone?(no thanks)

We strongly ask you not to compromise the integrity of the game (by joining a pserver you're putting everyone in danger?)for the million(s) who play MapleStory North America (this includes our global players that still connect to us(the ones we haven't IP blocked yet)) and those who play other official versions worldwide(you're putting the KMS and JMS players in danger too if you join a server). In addition to warning our players about private servers, we are making sure our service is the bestest MapleStory experience anywhere(HI, WE'RE NEXON AMERICA AND WE'RE BETTER THAN EVERYONE). Thank you for continuing to (give us your money)play MapleStory, and we will see you (in Hell)online!

Thank(Fuck) you,

-MapleStory(NexonMS) Staff-
Back to top Go down
https://mmsfallout.darkbb.com

Nexon never fails to amuse me.
Page 1 of 1